Essential Oils for Motivation – Our Favorite Oils & Recipes
We did it, folks – we baked the cookies and wrapped the presents and successfully celebrated with family and friends. If you are feeling anything like we are – happy and a little more sluggish than usual from all the holiday deliciousness – it is time to drink more water, eat those veggies, and get moving! Lucky for us we’ve got some amazing essential oils for motivation that will help keep you inspired and get you going!
14 Essential Oils for Motivation
Here is a list of 14 organically crafted essential oils for motivation. The list of essential oils that can potentially impact motivation is not limited to this list of 14, rather, these are our go-to essential oils for helping with motivation, just in case you need a little extra inspiration.
We love blending around a theme – like motivation – and gently interacting with essential oils that promote this theme, all throughout the day in different ways.
Here is our list of 14 essential oil for motivation! Click on each oil for a full description, GCMS report, safety info and more! All these essential oils are available to purchase through our web store.
1. Anise Oil – Pimpinella anisum
Anise essential oil is uplifting and comforting, and especially welcome in blends when one is feeling overly withdrawn or fearful. This essential oil increases mental clarity, provides inner strength, and sparks motivation.
2. Balsam Copaiba Oil – Copaifera officinalis
Balsam Copaiba essential oil heals and supports. This essential oil encourages emotional healing on all levels, quieting a restless mind. Balsam copaiba essential oil helps focus attention and usher in a more profound sense of tranquility.
3. Basil Sweet Oil – Ocimum basilicum ct Linalool
Basil Sweet essential oil clears and protects. This essential oil strengthens self-confidence and improves personal motivation. Basil essential oil offers energetic protection. This essential oil is incredibly uplifting and often increases mental clarity.
4. Black Pepper Oil – Piper nigrum
Black pepper essential oil is a beautiful support when one is experiencing mental fatigue, low energy, and situational depression. It can also help reduce fears and motivate change when change is needed.
5. Cedarwood Oil – Juniperus virginiana
Cedarwood virginiana essential oil can encourage the ability to hold steady and persevere, as it supports confidence and promotes grounding, especially when facing challenging situations.
6. Elemi Oil – Canarium luzonicum
Elemi essential oil protects and motivates. This essential oil gently encourages positive thinking, especially during times of situational anxiety and depression.
7. Eucalyptus Globulus Oil – Eucalyptus globulus
Eucalyptus globulus essential oil clears and uplifts. Often this essential oil encourages mental clarity and helps soothe exhaustion. This essential oil reduces patterns of negative thinking and can bring clarity and increased vitality, especially during particularly challenging times.
8. Eucalyptus Radiata Oil – Eucalyptus radiata
Eucalyptus Radiata essential oil often soothes when one is exhausted and can foster a sense of emotional fortitude. It is also uplifting and mentally clearing, helping to reduce negative thoughts and feelings.
9. Jasmine Absolute – Jasminum grandiflorum
Jasmine Absolute is nourishing and balancing. This absolute is especially helpful when working to manage situational anxiety or depression. Jasmine absolute can help increase confidence, improve motivation, release unwanted inhibitions, and promote feelings of optimism.
10. Jasmine Absolute (Sambac) – Jasminum sambac
Jasmine Absolute (Sambac) is nourishing and balancing, much like Jasminum grandiflorum, this absolute is helpful when working to manage anxiety or depression. It can help increase confidence, boost motivation, release unwanted inhibitions, and promote feelings of optimism.
11. Lemon Oil – Citrus limon
Lemon essential oil brings an element of sparkle to a blend and can help lift a cloud of depression or ease emotional tension. It invites happiness and positive energy wherever it goes.
12. Neroli Oil – Citrus aurantium var. Amar
Neroli essential oil calms and soothes. This essential oil is welcome during times of situational anxiety and depression, as it can help relax the nerves and inspire creativity. Neroli Essential oil further brings us in touch with our higher selves and can help facilitate greater spiritual awareness and understanding.
13. Orange Blood Oil – Citrus sinensis
Blood Orange essential oil can help unblock and circulate stagnant energy and give courage to those who are overwhelmed or reluctant to ask for help. It is a very uplifting essential oil that may help with combating situational depression.
14. Orange Sweet Oil – Citrus sinensis
Sweet Orange essential oil brings bright energy and positivity to those struggling with situational depression or a negative outlook. It can provide courage to those who are overwhelmed or reluctant to ask for help.
Essential Oils for Motivation Recipes
A few of our favorite essential oil recipes excellent for boosting motivation!
- 30 drops of Orange Sweet Oil
- 8 oz. of Pink Himalayan Salt (Fine)
- 2 oz. of Jojoba Oil
- 8 oz. of Coconut Oil
- 1 PET Jars – 16 oz
- Mix ingredients together in a 16 oz. PET jar.
In the shower or tub use a small handful as a scrub and then rinse off the salt.
Leave right in the shower or by the tub and use every few days. Enjoy!
- If you want to use this scrub on your face, substitute the salt with brown sugar and the rest of the recipe stays the same. If you want a smaller amount, just cut the whole recipe in half and use an 8 oz. PET jar.
Pro tip: All together in your hand, smell the caps of the essential oils you want to use in a blend, just to make sure you LOVE how your blend will smell after formulation! If you don’t love the aromatic profile of these oils together, try substituting here and there until you arrive at a combination that you like. Want to know more about substituting? Check out our AromaNumber essential oil categorization system for suggestions!
- 45 drops of Grapefruit (Rose) Oil
- 45 drops of Orange Blood Oil
- 7 oz. of Castile Soap
- 2 tbsp. of Vanilla Infused Jojoba Oil
- 1 – 250 ml (approx. 8 oz) PET bottle w/foamer cap
- Add 7 oz. of Castile Soap to a 250 ml PET bottle with a foamer cap.
- Add 2 tbsp. of Vanilla Infused Jojoba Oil to the Castile Soap.
- Add 45 drops of Grapefruit (Rose) Oil to the Castile Soap/Jojoba mixture.
- Add 45 drops of Orange Blood Oil to the Castile Soap/Jojoba mixture.
- Add the foamer cap to the bottle and shake gently to blend.
Note: This blend is just as gorgeous as it is uplifting!
Castile Soap is a Must-Have Aromatherapy Product – Read More About it HERE
- 8 drops of Norway Pine Oil
- 4 drops of Cedarwood Oil
- 2 drops of Peppermint Oil
- 6 drops of Lime Oil
- 1 oz. of Jojoba Oil
- 1 – 1 oz. Glass bottle w/coned cap
Place the essential oils in 1 oz. of jojoba (or another carrier of choice) and apply throughout the day for a rejuvenating energy boost. Apply to the back of your neck, the insides of your wrists, and on your temples. Keep beside your bed and take deep breaths in the morning when you don’t feel like getting out of bed.
- 2 drops of Jasmine Absolute Oil
- 6 drops of Cedarwood Oil
- 7 drops of Elemi Oil
- 1 – 2 oz. PET bottle w/spray cap
Add essential oils to 2 oz. of hydrosol, water, or grain alcohol in a spray bottle. Shake before each use. Enjoy!
- 5 drops of Rosemary ct Verbenone Oil
- 5 drops of Grapefruit (Rose) Oil
- 5 drops of Eucalyptus Radiata Oil
- 1 Blank Inhaler
Drop the essential oils on to a cotton wick and place into an aromatherapy inhaler of choice. Inhale deeply as needed throughout the day.
Drop the essential oils on to the organic cotton wick of a blank inhaler, then place wick inside the inhaler. Inhale throughout the day, or as needed.