If you’re new to essential oils or are an experienced vet looking for inspiration, below are some essential oil blending basics to incorporate into your aromatherapy practice today!
Essential Oil Blending
Using Essential Oils in a Bath –
- Add the essential oils to a bath salt. (Pink Himalayan Salt and Epsom Salts are nice.)
- Add 8-10 drops total of your favorite essential oil to each ounce of salt.
- Use 1 tablespoon of that blended salt in a full bath.
- Add 3-4 total drops of essential oil to 1 cup of milk.
- Add the milk to your full bath.
- Add 3-4 drops of essential oil to a tablespoon of Jojoba oil and add to your full bath.
- In a 2-ounce spray bottle filled with water add 10-15 drops of essential oils and spray freely in any room.
Using Essential Oils in a Steam –
- Add 1 drop of essential oil, or 1 drop of a blend of several essential oils, to a bowl of steamy water.
- Make sure the water is just steaming, not boiling.
- CLOSE YOUR EYES and lean over the bowl and breathe in the oil.
- To enhance the effects use a towel over your head to create a tent to hold the steam in.
- If the water feels too hot, let it cool first!
Questions or comments?! Please email us at: email@example.com!