Buzz buzz … smack! Once again it’s that time of year. Those pesky little mosquitoes seem to be attacking in the warmth of twilight, and you’re left with one product to solve the issue: the pungent-smelling and chemically potent bug spray you’ve been using for decades. We understand your frustration, and that is why we’re so glad to be able to offer you a DIY recipe for a bug spray that is great-smelling, effective, and nutrient-rich for the skin!
DIY Bug Spray with Essential Oils
Blend these essential oils into a 4 oz spray bottle filled with aloe vera gel. Our aloe vera gel is the perfect texture to spray on your body as well as clothing. You could also substitute a hydrosol such as peppermint and catnip for the aloe vera gel. Feel free to be creative and enjoy this natural, itch-relieving bug bite treatment:
- 5 drops of Spikenard (Nardostachys jatamansi) Essential Oil
- 8 drops of Patchouli (Pogostemon cablin) Essential Oil
- 3 drops of Juniper berry (Juniperus communis) Essential Oil
- 8 drops of Cedarwood (Juniperus virginiana) Essential Oil
- 4 ounces of Aloe Vera Gel (Aloe barbadensis)
Check out our DIY Aromatherapy Recipes page for more recipes!
Have you read our”5 Benefits of Cedarwood Essential Oil” post? Click here to read more!
Questions or comments?! Please email us at: email@example.com!