As suppliers of essential oils, we are dedicated to knowing exactly what we are buying and selling. Testing every batch of oil we purchase with GC/MS technology assures purity and the gives us the exact chemistry of each oil. We believe this process is vital for medicinal blending and for quality assurance.
Essential Oil Safety: A Brief Refresher
In order to ensure the safe use of essential oils, please note the following precautions for the oils sold on this website. There may be important precautions for essential oils that are not sold on this website. The potential safety issues of an essential oil depend on the chemistry of the oil you are using, the dosage and frequency the oil is used, and the method of application.
- Rosemary ct Camphor (Rosmarinus officinalis ct camphor) Essential Oil, and Spike Lavender (Lavandula latifolia) Essential Oil, should not be used by anyone who is pregnant, vulnerable to epileptic seizures or has high blood pressure.
- All essential oils should be used very respectfully during pregnancy and while breastfeeding. Special consideration should be given to the first trimester and for women who are prone to vulnerable or high-risk pregnancies. Use essential oils with pregnant women only under the guidance of an Aromatherapist and/or medical professional knowledgeable about essential oils and pregnancy.
- A good rule of thumb for the public is to always dilute essential oils in a carrier oil before applying them to the skin or a bath. Use a total of 1-18 drops of essential oil in 1 oz. of carrier. If undiluted essential oils are used on your skin, you may experience tingling, a rash, mild to severe irritation, or a burning sensation. Immediately apply a carrier oil to the affected area and wipe off. There are appropriate uses for neat (undiluted) essential oils that an educated aromatherapist should understand.
- You may want to alternate the essential oils you use. Daily use of the same blend of oils all over your body for more than a few weeks is not recommended. Try alternating your favorite blends every few weeks.
- Essential oils should be diluted to a maximum of 1%, (a total of 5-6 drops of essential oil to 1 oz. of carrier oil) when using with young children, unhealthy elders, and those with serious health conditions.
- Do not use essential oils directly on the fur or skin of any animals. Aromatics International does not promote the use essential oils on animals, in any way, without the advice of a veterinarian who has studied essential oils.
Questions or comments?! Please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org!